Almond Joy Muffins
Vanilla on the bottom, chocolate on top, and coconut sprinkled to garnish. These muffins are gooey and lightly sweet - eat them for breakfast or as a sweet treat!
gluten free // vegan & dairy-free // extra fiber
1 small Almond Joy mix will make about 12 regular muffins, 24 mini muffins.
What you need:
- 1 Almond Joy Baking Mix (find it on our site!)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp ground flax or psyllium husk (whole works fine)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave, brown rice or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To add later:
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup agave
- coconut flakes
- Prepare the vegan egg - mix 2 tbsp ground flax or psyllium husk with double the water (4-6 tbsp). Let stand for 5-10 minutes until gelatinous (might want to stir after a few minutes)
- mix up the Almond Joy baking mix contents in a large bowl
- heat up the coconut oil and non-dairy milk together (this ensures that the coconut oil doesn't harden once added to the non dairy liquid)
- add all liquid ingredients slowly to the dry mix, stirring as you add in
- dole out the mixture (once evenly spread) into a muffin tin, greased with coconut oil. Leave the tin half full.
- Next, with the mixture that's left, add the cocoa powder and agave. Stir until evenly spread.
- Add the chocolate batter mix to the top of the muffin tin, filling the tin. Add optional coconut flakes in the batter!
- Garnish with coconut flakes on top.
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 23-26 minutes. If you use a tin pan, take the muffins out as you see the edges turn golden (we used a silicon pan, which heats the sides much less). Make sure a fork comes out of the center evenly. Set to cool, uncovered.