Roasted Carrots with Tahini Dressing
Time: about 1 hour
For the carrot base:
- 1 bunch of carrots (mine had about 10 small - medium size carrots), greens chopped off (keep them to add into the pan later) and carrots cut into thirds or halves lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds or powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds or powder
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix together the ingredients above, and transfer to a baking pan. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the carrots are a texture you like. At the 20 minute mark, add in the carrot greens and toss with the carrots. The carrot greens can be tough to chew when uncooked, so you want them crunchy!
For the tahini dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- pinch of sea salt
Mix the above ingredients together. If the tahini is dry, add a tbsp of water or sesame oil to blend further.
Once the carrots are ready, serve them with the tahini dressing on top, or mixed thoroughly.
Recipe inspiration comes from Yotam OOttolenghi's book "Plenty More" - a celebration of vegetable cooking!